Become an Act4Food Youth Leader!
We are now recruiting for our next group of Act4Food youth leaders! We are searching for young people aged 15-25 to join a global youth-led community working together for a fair global food system. One which provides everyone with access to safe, affordable and nutritious diets, while protecting nature, tackling climate change and promoting human rights.
Act4Food is a community that was created by and for young people to ensure our voices are heard and listened to by global decision makers. As an Act4Food youth leader – you’ll join our global community, be part of regular zoom calls with other young people around the world, supporting each other in our work for better food systems, working together to create collective actions and campaigns, and speaking out to decision makers. In the past Act4Food youth leaders have attended global conferences like COP and Women Deliver.
And for the first 6 months of the programme you’ll be part of a leadership development programme, with regular workshops and training sessions from experts and exercises to complete at home. This programme will help you build your campaigning, communications, and leadership skills to be a global advocate for a fairer food system.
To apply head to https://forms.office.com/e/g4Sicfm1GM
What you can expect from Act4Food:
● Access to a global community of young change makers contributing to a global movement.
● A 6-month leadership development programme that will help you build your campaigning, communications, and leadership skills to be a global advocate for a fairer food system.
● Invitation to the Act4Food annual in person workshop held globally with full sponsorship from Act4Food and partners.
● Opportunity to apply for funding for your own Act4Food campaign.
● Opportunities to attend national and global events fully sponsored by Act4Food and partners.
● Leadership experience both nationally and globally in the area of food systems as an individual leader and as part of a community.
Is the programme for you? We’re looking for young people who:
● Care about our global food system and believes everyone should have access to safe, affordable and nutritious diets and that our food system should protect nature, tackle climate change and promote human rights.
● Confident English speakers (verbal and written).
● Able to use social media, have access to video conferencing software such as Zoom and can use Slack.
● Innovative and creative and can think outside the box to deliver on a Action4Change which you are passionate about.
● Self-disciplined and able to work remotely as an individual but also as part of a community and team.
● Willing to help others and step into positions of leadership especially when it comes to leading campaigns, creating campaigns, and attending national and global events.
● Willing to be disruptive where necessary but also respectful of others’ opinions and cultures.
● Open minded, kind, resourceful and optimistic about the future of our food systems
You don’t need specific qualifications or knowledge about the food system to apply.
What is expected from you:
We’re looking for people who are excited to be part of the programme and able to commit to it. You’ll need to:
● Have about 4 hours a week you can dedicate to the programme, activities and learning.
● Attend monthly group zoom calls and more regular working group calls.
● Be a representative and advocate for Act4Food community in your country, helping to grow our community and share the work
● Be an active part of the community, contributing your ideas, supporting other youth leaders, sharing Act4Food actions online or with your networks and helping spread the word about the campaigns or actions we create together.
If this sounds like you apply here: https://forms.office.com/e/g4Sicfm1GM
If you have any questions about the programme or expectations email: [email protected]